The 2013 SAP TechEd Topic Top 10
SAP TechEd in Amsterdam coming up, counting down … 5 days to go. Time to compose an annual SAP TechEd Topic Top 10. With 955 entries in this years agenda there is enough to choose from.
For the ‘official’ Topics Top 10 I used the sessions download file from the SAP TechEd site and narrowed the list down to cover ‘only’ Lectures and Hands On Workshops, just like I did previously. That list still contained 380 (!) sessions to choose from and to fit in your 3-day agenda ;-)
Here we go … (drumroll) … what will be number 1 in 2013? Still SAP NetWeaver ...
|#||Last years||Topic||# Sessions|
|1||2, 4, -, -, -||HANA||125|
|2||1, 1, 1, 1, 1||SAP NetWeaver||53|
|3||3, 3, 7, -, -||Mobile (Mobility, Syclo, SMP, Agentry)||46|
|4||4, -, -, -, -||Cloud||43|
|5||5, 2, 2, 2, 10||Business Objects (Business Intelligence)||25|
|6||6, 5, 3, 3, 6||ABAP||20|
|7||-, -, -, -, -||SAPUI5||15|
|8||7, 9, -, -, -||Portal||15|
|9||8, 6, 4, 5, 4||BPM (Process Orchestration)||14|
|10||9, -, -, -, -||Gateway||4|
So what do we learn from this years SAP TechEd sessions?
- HANA is here to replace SAP NetWeaver. With both HANA and runner up HANA Cloud Platform (#SAPHCP), the hegemony from SAP NetWeaver as THE number 1 is finally broken.
- Numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6 keeping their position steady.
- And new in our Top 10 - SAPUI5, of course ;-)
- SAP PI is renamed to SAP PO, Process Orchestration. Hope this helps in bringing more of BPM to our customers. With the rebranding, SAP PI dropped out of this list.
- I expected Gateway to end up higher, but its position in this list doesn’t reflects its importance. Although maybe not mentioned in the session title you will for sure meet SAP NetWeaver Gateway within sessions about SAPUI5, mobile and ABAP. Now we can only wait for a rebranding to SAP HANA Gateway ;-)
- No Design Thinking? How is that possible? Enough of Design Thinking at InnoJam? Lucky there are several expert sessions about Design Thinking - I can highly recommend this topic to you when you live in the world of mobile applications or improving user experience.
- And just like last year, no Java, no Duet, no Microsoft, no SharePoint.
- Looking back, 2008 was all about Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Services. 2013 is all about HANA (In Memory), Mobile and Cloud. How time flies when you’re having fun ;-)
For your convenience:
(BTW, ping me if you like to stick a "I Love SAP TechEd" sticker to your notebook. I will bring them to Amsterdam)